PIPED GAS SYSTEM
IT’S TIME YOU MOVED HOUSE TO ONE WITH A PIPED GAS SYSTEM
A Reticulated Gas System, commonly called a Piped Gas System, is a system of supplying gas to a number of households through a piped network from a centralized gas bank. Rapid urbanization and growth of the middle class is increasing gas consumption in Kenya at a fast rate and the increased popularity of well-planned homes (gated communities), shopping malls, office blocks and industrial parks is enabling supply of gas in bulk. In a similar fashion to water or electricity, the gas piping is rigged into the building during construction, each unit is equipped with a gas meter and the client pays a monthly bill commensurate with consumption.
Illustration of a reticulated gas system
Benefits to the consumer
- Saves you money– Piped gas is bought in bulk and is therefore cheaper than traditional cylinder refills. The gas is metered so you only pay for what you consume
- Uninterrupted gas supply– gas is available 24/7 and thus there is no need of always holding emergency cash for those situations when gas unashamedly runs out.
- Convenience-there is no need to buy, transport and move cylinders in and out of the house. Transportation of gas in bulk is also 15% cheaper compared to individual cylinders.
- Aesthetic appeal and saving on space- the kitchen is without a cylinder, giving a modern ambience and it also helps to avoid damages to the floor.
- Safety and security– no cylinder delivery persons will be coming to your house/workplace. Household accidents and risks such as fire hazard emanating from improperly fitted gas regulator during cylinder replacement or leakage of unchecked cylinders are all eliminated.
- Zero maintenance– maintenance is left to the gas supplier. You only maintain your cooking and/or heating appliances
- Savings on electricity– In some buildings, LPG can be used to power air-conditioning systems and boilers, thus saving on electricity bills and avoiding power interruptions. Overall, piped-gas is up to 50% cheaper compared to electricity.
Benefits to the investor/building owner
- Value addition-the apartment’s property value is raised.
- Transparency– you can measure and record the consumption of each unit as each is fitted with a gas meter.
- Better floor maintenance– the floors are better kept by tenants due to elimination of cylinder movement.
- Additional income– the increased convenience to the tenants may provide an additional stream of income
Automax Engineering is a leading installer of reticulated gas systems, whereby, our system features the following;
- High pressure regulator to ensure gas reaches the furthest unit
- Low pressure regulator at each client’s consumption point for safety and correspondence with the appliance specification
- Two tank system with automatic change-over to avoid supply interruptions
- Gas detector and solenoid isolation valve in each unit depending on budget
- Digital and analog gas meters
- Other safety measures such as Over Pressure Shut Off Valve, fire extinguishers and three stage pressure reduction
For more details, kindly contact us at;
Automax Engineering Solutions